Monday, July 2, 2012

Slow and Slower

My sewing has gone from slower to slow over the weekend and now to a couple of leaves at a time. I had a little twinge in my left elbow,last week, I think from holding the fabric too tight and not flexing my elbow enough while appliqueing. I opened a new jar, on Saturday morning and now it's sore,sore. Here is my vine, only 2 branches to go on No. 5.



But I can machine sew. You didn't really think I was going to stop sewing? This the next block for the Bloggers BOM from Canton Village quilts. I needed to do a cream block. When I looked at my other blocks, I have too many red ones. My layer cake of Rounneries fabrics have been wonderful for this.













6 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you elbow feels better soon. Mine is also sore but only when i lift things. Thank goodness I can still stitch! Your leaf panels are looking great and i love the colors in your BOM. I look forward to seeing the blocks together.

Janet said...

Your panel looks beautiful, I love the background fabric. The block has some lovely fabrics too. I hope your elbow gets better soon, meanwhile the machine is a good alternative.

WoolenSails said...

I can believe your arm is getting sore, with all of the beautiful appliqué you do. Mine is the finger I push the needle with, making a hole in it, think I need to put something on it before I sew again;) I need to mix it up with machine quilting too, wonderful that we can do both. Sometimes I do a punch needle or hook, gives my hands a break from doing the same thing every day.

Debbie

Miriam said...

I hope your elbow gets better with a bit of rest.
A great blogger's BOM block.

Linda said...

Dorothy, I empathize with you about your elbow. My hand has been causing me problems the last few days. Not much fun. Take care.

Janet said...

Your vine looks wonderful! I can't believe how far you are already. I just started #4. I do hope your elbow is feeling better soon.