Friday, September 24, 2010

Holiday Time

While I was away DH and I went to the Botanical Gardens in Brisbane with my daughter to see her artwork on the Bandstand.






We also went round the Japanese garden. It was soo quiet and tranquil. My daughter spent a lot of time here when she was 'Artist in Residence' last year.





I also visited a sculpture festival called SWELL. The sculptures are along the foreshore of Currumbin in Queensland and as you walk along looking at all the sculptures, in the background is the Pacific Ocean. It was a beautiful sunny day with blue skies which made it just perfect.There were 56 different sculptures. Here are three of my

favourites.


The Sandwich


The Race

The photo shows the actual Lifesaver flags on the beach.



The Picnic is Over


This was made of wool check fabric and it was in a perspex box.
The one behind was called Fiddlesticks.



All the sculptures were for sale and ranged in price from $2000 to $80,000 AUD

I have been sewing too, I am putting the Prairie Bound blocks together and will show you a photo of it when I get this finished.


1 comment:

Papier and Cakes said...

Welcome home Dorothy. Great sandwich sculpture - can't help but think that the mayonnaise (I assume that's what it is) oozing out looks a little bit like a tongue salivating.