Thursday, February 25, 2016

POST

A wake up call from hubby as he went out the door to the gym this morning, and I'm rolling over to snooze again when I hear feet running up the driveway and the loudest bang on the front door and I realised right away the parcel post had arrived through the air as it was delivered from afar [ thrown from the driveway ]. I'd been waiting for this parcel of loveliness.
 
Four, mixed bundles of twelve,  Fat1/8ths of Japanese Taupes.
 


They were on sale at HomesteadHearth and I asked for four different bundles if it was possible. One never knows what is available at Sale time and I couldn't be more delighted with the selection of 48 different fabrics.
 
 

 
Sorted into their colours.
 
Meanwhile I've been trying to finish off a few things.
Putting my Under the Cherry Tree together and I'm now making the borders. I used the K.K.Buckley square ruler pieces that click together to the size needed for trimming all the blocks to the same size. This made the job of squaring them up so easy. It was the first time I had used my set.

 
Sorry not a great photo.
and yes I know exactly what I'm using the Taupes for but I need to finish a few things first.
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

I love the "Under the Cherry Tree" Sampler, it is gorgeous, and so are your new fabrics.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Dawn said...

Pretty fabrics and projects. I still have not done my Cherry Tree borders. Someday....

Wendy Caton Reed said...

OH lucky you! They are lovely. And, so is your "Under the Cherry Tree"!

Nancy said...

Lovely fabrics !

Every Stitch said...

Don't you love being bombarded by fabric?! Your Cherry Tree blocks are simply delightful! I've had my adjustable ruler a while now and used it many times - love it!

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful fabrics and I love your quilt, that is gorgeous.

Debbie

cityquilter grace said...

oooh lovely japanese taupes....anxious to see what they end up being!

Wood n' Art said...

I'd love to see the outcome! These are beautiful!

Pat said...

Just discovered your blog by way of Hilda over at Every Stitch. The progress on your Cherry Tree Quilt caught my eye right away! So nice to see it displayed and receiving the borders. It is such a wonderful project. Your fabrics look so fresh and cheery. Like you, I decided to place the 4 "strongest" vase blocks in each corner - don't you think it balanced out the blocks well? I am on the last row of blocks for handquilting (block#21) and then on to a simple design for handquilting the borders...Wishing you happy stitching on all your lovely work.
(Just my humble opinion - I see you used one of the backgrounds from Lately Arrived From London & are concerned about the direction in one of the blocks - I agree with the thought that if it will be judged then perhaps it should be redone but overall - when quilted, I doubt the directional design will be one bit noticeable.)