Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Finishing the Stars

The last 2 Stars are made and the year long Time Warp Stars from Barbara Brackman have come to an end. It has been very enjoyable learning about the different fabrics and the history of them.

 
I then spent some time cutting the fabric and sewing together all 99 Stars. I have had metres of a 1830 Cheddar and Illuminations repro fabric for a lot of years in my stash and it was great to have an appropriate reason to use it.
 
 

 
 
 
Another 'Under the Cherry Tree' block finished.



 This month the borders have been put on my Sue Spargo BOM2015 quilt so quite a few things are coming to an end,  just like this year.


 
 
 

9 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful how the stars come together, what an awesome quilt.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Unknown said...

You have been very busy Dorothy. Love the star quilt, would like to see a show and tell on Friday...:-)

Lida said...

Lovely is the top with all these stars and the fabric for the finishing touch is fantastic! Greetings
Lida

Lori said...

Your SIATW quilt top is beautiful!! I'm handquilting near that cherry tree block. That basket always makes me chuckle.

Charlotte said...


Beautiful quilt- awesome setting!

Charlotte

Maureen said...

LOVE your stars in a time warp! That is the perfect sashing fabric! Look forward to seeing it quilted.

Lizzy D said...

Your Stars quilt is beautiful. Gorgeous.

els said...

Your star quilt is very, very pretty. I am stiil working on my blocks. I am also still searching for the "right" fabrics: some are difficult to find. Your quilt is very stimulating for me to look even harder!

Vic in NH said...

Stars in a Time Warp is just lovely and I like your setting especially. Good job!