I wanted a table topper and not a wall hanging so over the weekend I popped round to 'Officeworks' and had the pattern reduced in size. Home again, I put the pattern in the printer to make a copy for cutting out, giving me all the pieces of the pattern ready for attaching to my wool.
The next job was a search through my container of felted wools to find the right colours. I then stapled the paper pattern to the wool and cut them out.
Saturday night I removed the pattern and attached the pieces to the background. Now that all the preparation is finished I can sit, sew and enjoy. The watermelon and the pear I cut out of velvet, the rest, including the background, are felted wool.
The pattern is Bowl of Plenty by Maggie Bonanomi.