Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Wander round the Garden

We are almost into the last month of winter and the garden still has colour.
The buds on the Daphne are opening to reveal their strong perfume.




The Snowdrops are always so dainty. I must remember to thin them out later.

and the Hyacinths and Cyclamen are in full bloom.
The bowl of 'green' is minature daffodils that don't look as if they are going to flower this year.
Did they need less water or more fertilizer, I wonder. The perfume of the Hyacinths is too overpowering for indoors so I sit them on the table at the window so I can see them from inside too.



3 comments:

Miriam said...

Your flowers are looking gorgeous, Dorothy. I love the perfume of daphne and hyacinths.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

What a beautiful giant Daphne bush you have.

Papier and Cakes said...

Found you!!

Love your blog. Will have a longer read later tonight.

Daphnes are my absolute favourite scented bush. We had a small hedge of them in our old house in Templestowe and I regret to say that I have yet to plant up a few here where we are now.

See you next week.

Barb xxxxxxxx