Thursday, April 23, 2015

How Time Flies................

 
April has been a busy month with a couple of family Birthdays, Easter and a trip to the Melbourne Quilt Show.
I finally took a photo of my GS quilt hanging up in his room.
 
 
 
A quilt in progress, a pattern from the workshop with Marg Sampson-George. I have had this lovely antique floral fabric for a couple of years and didn't want to cut it up too much, so this pattern was just what I needed to show it off. I need to find a fabric for an inner border to go between this and the 9-patch final border.
 

 
 
I enjoyed a trip to the Melbourne quilt Show last week and  I bought some more Japanese Taupe fabrics. I want to make another quilt using them, so I bought suitable pieces for backgrounds.
 I got a couple of FQ from Lu'cello's and some fine wool for stitching my Sue Spargo's BOM which is coming along beautiful but unfortunately I can't show you until the BOM finishes.
This project is keeping me very busy with all the embellishments Sue adds to her quilts.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Linda said...

Dorothy, you always have so many projects going! I don't know how you do it! I so enjoy reading your updates and seeing what you've been up to :)

Karen said...

The animal quilt is adorable! Like looking through a window outside.
I like the floral print in the quilt you are working on. The pieced block fabrics pop and pick up the colors nicely from the floral.

Lori said...

What a fun quilt for your GS! I love it!
The fabric you are showcasing in the second quilt is very pretty. I wouldn't want to cut it too small either.

Nancy in MT said...

Your animal quilt is so dang cute. I hate not being able to show my progress on the Spargo BOM, too. There is some serious embellishing on it and wish I could share, also.

Lizzy D said...

Your GS's quilt is adorable! Lovely antique fabric on your other project. I can see why you don t want to chop it up.

lizzy

Nancy said...

Your GS quilt is just so special. I have a friend making the Sue Spargo BOM and it is just beautiful but so much work.