Sunday, April 14, 2013

Not much to show.

 
I don't have much to show. I have been busy though. Here is a photo of the last block ,I've still to sew it together but it lets you see how the block is made with 1/2 square triangles and flying geese. I did get the stripe running in the one direction without having to cut extra pieces which I was happy about.




 
 
and here are the 11 finished blocks hanging up on my craft wall. I had to stagger them in two rows to get them all up, each one being 24". Any trimming and sashings are next.
 
 
 
The other job that has kept me busy is painting the laundry . I've undercoated the ceiling and the walls and would like to get the ceiling painted this week which means less time for sewing. Today my DS and DIL moved back into their renovated house so I spent the day with a bit of babysitting and bed making. Maybe tonight I'll get the last block sewn together.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Lida said...

Love the blocks, they look really fantastic! Wis you happy painting, greetings
Lida

WoolenSails said...

Those are large blocks and beautiful designs.

Debbie

Nifty Quilts said...

These are beautiful blocks! Is there a pattern or directions for them? Love your fabric choices for these.