Monday, August 30, 2010

Miss Piggy

To Market, to Market to buy a fat pig,
Home again, Home again,
Jiggity Jig.
Only I didn't have to go so far.
My husband made my Miss Piggy for me.
Do you like her?
Should I paint her pink/ flesh/ nude / naked/ natural. ?
OR
Should I just put a coat of oil on the wood?
The ears and the tail ? I think they need a bit of colour.
I tried to dye some 'roving' today but it hasn't really worked.
I had white roving and tried a brown dye and a strong yellow dye.
I have ended up with a very pale beige and creamy lemon colour.
Do I have to use a special dye? for roving.
The dye didn't go to waste as I dyed some wool [cloth] and I will felt it later.
It turned out a beautiful pale yellow.

1 comment:

Papier and Cakes said...

Dorothy, I think you should paint "her" nude. For no particular reason except I like the idea of her being nude. Barbara