Sunday, September 25, 2016

It's so good to finish

Another border sewn. The leaves always take some time to sew, but I like how they look.




and then the final border. I think this is the perfect place to use the Pillar print.


The next top has been on the go for many, many years. I started these blocks 10, maybe 12 years ago and found each one to take quite a number of hours to needleturn so it only got pulled out when I had nothing else to sew. After getting it out a couple of weeks ago and finding I only had two and a bit to finish it I set to and got them done. All the fabrics are from the Lancaster County III and unfortunately I have now discovered all the reds bleed. When the weather improves it will go into the washing machine with a bundle of Colour Catchers and fingers crossed.



A sewing machine project with some bright and modern fabrics. So much brighter than it looks here. 50 made and 50 to go. I need to decide if I sash the blocks or not and what colour to use. The same background grey if I need it larger or a colour or white. Mmm.






12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Great to have the leaves finished and the final border looks great......
Goodluck washing the next quilts...... Say least you are prepared for the red.... Hope it goes well.....
Like the look of the last one......

Every Stitch said...

Great progress! and such different projects on the go. I love the applique blocks!

Chantal said...

Congrats on getting the last border on. It is soooo gorgeous! Sorry to hear the reds bleed. It is a beautiful quilt and so many hours already spent towards its making. It would be a shame to spoil it. Good luck with the washing. ;^)

Karen said...

The pillar print looks so good in your quilt. You always have interesting quilts in progress.

Linda said...

Such lovely quilts, Dorothy! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Raewyn said...

A beautiful selection of projects; I love your finish...good luck with the bleeding reds!

Sue SA said...

Amazing work, three very different projects, but all beautifully executed.

Susan said...

Good to have a variety of styles on the go. I love the leaves, I could applique leaves all day long. Maybe the last blocks don't need a sashing, they look good as they are.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I stopped by to admire your quilts after Miriam from Yellow Rose mentioned you to me -- love your work

The Quilted Finish said...

Such a joy looking at your work!! Such a talented lady!!
Thanks for sharing,
Rowena

Summer said...

Your projects are so pretty ♥

Lori said...

Love that pillar print! Nice work!