Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Decision made.

Continuing on from my last post.
I decided in the end to switch three of the blocks around. Looking at my quilt like a 9 patch, [ my 9 blocks]  top central was the culprit having it's background fabric upside down to all the other blocks. I left it where it was and moved the left bird block to the bottom centre, the bottom bird block to the right side and the right bird across to the left making all the bird blocks' background face a different direction. Not what was planned but at least it looks better and I'm happy with how it looks. I didn't really have much choice in the end as I didn't have enough of the fabrics to redo it.
Today the borders went on and it is ready for quilting.


 
 
The pattern for Mrs Millers Journey will be available in a month time from the Australian designer, Liz Willing. She has a Facebook page for contact at the moment.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is beautiful and I love the border with it, really sets off the designs.

Debbie

Elaine said...

Very Pretty! I love your border fabric

Liz D said...

Beautiful! Love the soft colors.

lizzy

Nancy said...

Turned out lovely. The border fabric is just perfect for this one.