Wednesday, May 27, 2015

More of the Same

This week's fabric was Serpentine Stripes. The two that I chose were featured in the Time Warp Stars history lesson about these fabrics. They have both been in my stash for a while.


 
 
 
and this month's block for Under the Cherry Tree. The fabric for the bird in the centre had been too worn to show the colour on the original quilt so I decided to make it purple, and I also gave it a trimmer body.
 
 

 
 
I am still busily working away on Sue Spargo's wool BOM which has numerous bullions to be stitched etc and is keeping me totally, happily occupied. I think everyone will love this wallhanging when it is revealed at the end of the year.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely blocks! How fun to have a project like Sue's to enjoy!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Dorothy,
wonderful star and under the cherry tree blocks. How cute your makings are.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Jeanne said...

Two more great stars! Your Under The Cherry Tree block is beautiful, too.

Miriam said...

Love your bird. I started saving the Under the Cherry Tree blocks a while ago. Its on the list!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your stars are beautiful. I love the Cherry Tree block as well. I was so happy to see that my friend Cyndi (Busy Thimble) received your quilt int Lori's Doll Quilt Swap. It is lovely and I know she will cherish it.