Monday, October 20, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop.

Blog Hop.
My blog was tagged by Lizzy of gone2thebeach.blogspot.com last week. She sews and creates and has the sun, sea and sand on her doorstep. A great blog to follow.


What am I working on?

Several items. There are always several projects on the go at the same time.
The most recent is Briar Hill.


Under the Cherry Tree quilt

 
Several X- stitches                                                                                          

 
and I made this little bag recently. I love bags and I'm always finding different patterns

 
 
How does my work differ from other quilters?

I think that finishing my projects and not having a cupboard of WIP's.
I like to make new and old quilts/patterns.
I make a LOT of bags.

 
 
Why do I create/ write my blog.                                                                                      

I like the different stages of making a quilt and being able to show [hopefully] the enjoyment I get from each stage and finally finishing an article. Large or small.

How does my creating process work?

By writing a blog and having photos of the journey. Not so much creating ,more a journey of decisions. Patterns - Size - Colours - Fabrics - Shapes - Techniques. Choices  -  so many choices.

I'd like to recommend a couple of blogs  www.bemused.typepad.com.au
                                                  and    www.nicolamoss.blogspot.com.au
I think you'll enjoy their work.


   








8 comments:

Linda said...

Dorothy, thanks for sharing your "journey". Always so informative and fun to read. I love all your bags. Do you have a favorite style or pattern?

Lori said...

You do have a few bags! lol

Every Stitch said...

A lovely collection of projects on the go Dorothy. And of course there are all the wonderful quilts you have already finished ..which you very modestly didn't mention :)

Lizzy D said...

Beautiful projects! Your bags are wonderful, what a fun thing to make. Thank you for doing the Blog Hop!

lizzy gone to the beach

Chantal said...

Wow, you really ♥LOVE♥ bags! The little hexagon purse is the cutest thing. Thanks for sharing. Now off to check those two new blogs. :)

Shirley said...

Need to follow your example and finish what I start. Lovely little hexie purse.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Dorothy,
thank you for sharing all the neat information about you and your quilting hobby. I love the quilts you make, your color, fabric and technique choices.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you sure do have a collection of bags...............