Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Hexi's are made.

 I started Briar Hill quite a while ago and made the centre and then I made other things, you know how it happens. I've been sitting in the evenings making hexi's, hexi's and more hexi's and now that they are made I've 'just' to stitch them to the background. Here is the first strip ready for sewing. The white circles are freezer paper, marking the edge for turning under.

 
 
I hung each background strip up on my craft wall and then I pinned on the hexi's flowers and the rounds, mixing and matching the fabrics and colours as I went. The rounds have one, two or three layers. It will hang there while I sew each strip.
 

 
This has now become a great 'pick up and go' project.
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Karen said...

I especially like that one circle with the little scene centered in it.

Rosa said...

Fabulous.Love your fabric combo!

Linda said...

Lovely, Dorothy! May I also say that every time I see the quilt in your header, I adore it again :)

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and a nice way to piece, with the strips, makes it manageable.

Debbie

Every Stitch said...

Lovely! I'm stitching hexagons to borders right now - different project but I can relate...it is an easy 'pick up and go' too. Great pattern - have you a nice border fabric in mind?

pandchintz said...

Looks fabulous!

Flickenstichlerin said...

This is going to be another awesome quilt of yours. Love the layout and the colors. Wonderful.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Lori said...

WOW! Amazing job on the hexagons!!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

This is going to be such a beautiful quilt. Great use of fabrics and fussy cutting.

Elaine said...

Beautiful! I am looking forward to starting my version soon

Heather said...

Another great quilt. I just love your work!

May Britt said...

Beautiful quilt. Wondering about making this too. So if you want to sell the pattern when you have finished it, please let me know.