Just had a look and almost to the day it's taken a year to make my Jane Pizar centre. I started it at a Marg Sampson George workshop and the first photo I have was taken at the end of June 2013. I spent this week quilting it and putting the binding on, even a label. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
Now the next top is a different story. The stars have been in the cupboard about 10 years and I still don't like them, but they came out last week when the Friday Girls at Somerset, [see FB group,] decided to make Lone Star quilts. I'm not a fan of stars but found some fabric in the stash and put these together. Project done. Whew! Now they will be donated for a charity quilt.
I've also been hand sewing and have the first large cable border for this quilt finished and well on the way to having the right side border sewn too. I'm so much happier when I'm appliqueing.
Winter has now arrive and with the wind chill was down to 2C yesterday. Brrrr!