I am very slowly quilting my Trailing vines and sewing my Coxcombs and Stars but I noticed a friend sewing this pattern, The English Basket Quilt and remembered I had started this when I bought the pattern a number of years ago.
It was a pleasure to find that I had actually had quite a bit done. The blocks and borders are all cut, as are all the templates, baskets and stems. The baskets and stems were attached to their blocks and I had sewn two of them. The fabric for all the flowers, butterflies and leaves I had returned to my stash. Not to worry, as long as I pulled out fabrics that matched the border fabric it would work. It is really quite good as I now have many more yellows in my stash compared to when I started. This is a photo of the first 3 blocks, my borders and the bundle of baskets on blocks still to be done. I have made changes to suit me. I'm not a hexagon making type of person so the dark background in the pattern I've replaced with light and the border fabric will replace all those hexagons etc. Can you imagine how it will look?
A few Sundays ago it was Mother's Day and my Daughter ordered a copy of the catalogue for me, for the V & A quilt show being held at the GOMA in Brisbane from now til September. It arrived yesterday and it is a beautiful book of Quilts and has plenty of detail and reading inside. Thank you Nicola.
Meanwhile I have splashed out and bought 2 new ranges of 'modern' fabrics. I have an idea in my head what the top range will be used for
and this range will be for applique. I do like the Marg Sampson-George quilt on the front of Quiltmania No 94. I think this may have to wait.
My new header for this month is my version of the Sundial quilt. I used a pattern from Karen Cunningham when she had an online workshop. I changed quite a few of the blocks to some in the original quilt which I will get to see when I visit the V & A quilt show in Brisbane later in the year.