Monday, June 11, 2012

Home Sewing

Over the weekend I've been sewing my 4" blocks for the Sundial quilt together,deciding what fabric to use in the corner squares and cutting out the sashing which surrounds this centre section and runs through the corner squares.
The other half of the corner squares has applique, still to be sewn so I haven't got them pinned up. I also need to decide about the style of initials and date for the 2 empty blocks in the middle, before I sew the top and bottom section to the middle.


I also need to decide where to pin up the outer blocks as I have clearly run out of space on my display wall.



7 comments:

Lida said...

Wow, becoming a very great quilt again! Looking fantastic already! Greetings
Lida

Heather said...

Love, love, love it. Is there a pattern available for this and if so where. It is just wonderful.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Wow! It's beautiful! Love the colors.

Françoise said...

This is not the only quilt of yours I absolutely Love!

WoolenSails said...

That is such an amazing quilt and you have done such a beautiful job on it.
I can't wait to see it with the corners.

Debbie

antique quilter said...

Wow looking wonderful!
Kathie

Maureen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love everything about this quilt, especially the complexity. Did you choose your own fabrics? Love them!