I've made a lot of progress on my Antique Sampler. The 9 large blocks have been reversed appliqued and I'm onto making the centres for them.
The 3rd one I'm working on.
These are the 64 small blocks waiting now for centres too. I made 2 of each fabric so the quilt will have every colour in it.
The fabric removed from the centres is used for the 'pennies' that are on the outer border. I got them cut and put the paper behind a few. A good job to be doing when there's something I want to watch on the TV.
I had kept an old magazine with the page marked of this block made with this background fabric and knowing I had some thought I would make it one day. In the magazine it had been framed. I made the block up a while ago and using my fabric glue stick had stuck it up on the door of my cupboard in the sewing room to be able to see it while I thought what I was going to do with it.
Here is the result. I used every last scrap of the fabric I had and the handles have numerous seams to make them long enough.
ps. I won't tell you how many bags I have in every shape size and colour.