Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A New Arrival

On Monday my Grandsons had a new baby sister to meet when school finished for the day. Don't they look delighted. Welcome to Abbie my second Grand daughter in 9 weeks.




I am a member of a Prim online group and it was decided back in January to do a BOM. A Little Porch Time by Lynda Hall. Last week, one of the ladies put up her finished quilt and I thought it was about time I got back to mine.I was very pleased when I realised I had finished the blocks and they just needed sewn together and the borders attached. This I accomplished over the weekend and although everything is in place I still have to applique the pieces on the outer border.





7 comments:

Gail said...

congratulations on your new grand daughter! I have Linda's book also and would love to start the quilt soon! Nice to see you last week too!

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Abbie.
The quilt looks great.

Janet said...

Congratultions on the newest member of the family, she's a sweetie. Your quilt looks great, it's good that you don't have much left to do.

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet and what a sweet picture with the boys.
Your quilt came out so beautifully, I really admire the work you do with your appliques.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Dorothy, what a sweet picture. The boys are as cute as Abbie, should say handsome for the boys, but they way he's holding her hand, so sweet.

Your ALPT looks wonderful, as if it wouldn't, still looking at those two blocks of mine hanging on the wall.

Nancy in MT

antique quilter said...

oh how adorable she is! congrats to you and your family.
nothing like babies :)
love your quilt, wow your almost done! what a nice surprise!!!!
keep going you will be finished in no time!
Kathie

Karen said...

Your Porch Time quilt is a hit with me! What online prim group are you a member of?