Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's been a Busy Week


It's been a while but I have been busy and now I have finished the fourth corner for my Mary Brown quilt though looking at it in the photo it appears darker than the other three corners. It may need a yellow flower added. I like to hang my applique up and then when I'm in and out of the room I'll look at it and decide if it needs more or not. 



The next job this week was to make my Postcards for a Swap. I have 9 to send and don't want to reveal them yet, although as you can see the top one is a Valentine's Day theme.   




Having finished the applique on the 'corner' I needed some hand sewing for when I'm at the Guild meetings or the Stitch n Chat 's I go to and what could be better than a new project.  I have had this pattern for a      long time. I saved it from a 1989 -90 Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine.
This quilt is in Annette Gero's book The Fabric of Society. It is called Auntie Green's Floral Applique c1860. Only the pattern for the centre square was in the magazine but I'm hoping I can get the pattern       for the rest of the quilt somewhere. If not it will be a nice size for a wallhanging. Here is a photo of my centre so far. I have only stitched 8 leaves and have 88 to go.  I only found the fabric for the basket the other day, I wasn't even looking for it but when I saw it I knew it would be great.   




2 comments:

Lori said...

I had Auntie's Greens pattern at one time but I am pretty sure I gave it away. It will be a terrific carry along piece. You've got a great start.

I adore you 4 corners applique. Amazing!!

Karen said...

Your applique is superb!